Sunday, July 19, 2015

When speaking to a brick wall

Where do I begin? I tried to talk you wouldn't listen. I listened to you. I was attentive. I was quiet. I was soaking in every word you said. I tried to speak you couldn't listen with that same respect. 
How can anything be resolved if there's no listening from both sides? I admit I don't always listen but I will come around. Why do I feel like i need to beat you down for you to listen to me? I'm trying to be better but I can't when I'm stifled. I'm trying to improve but I can't when I'm being put down. 
I feel like you want a doormat and I can't be that. I feel like you want someone you can walk all over buy I just learned to stand up....I can't be put down again. 
What do I do? You won't listen. I can't speak. There's no understanding without communication. There's no love without understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment